• To improve performance and better customer
    experience we are maintaining our server.
    If you are getting login issues then
    please send an email at "themehunk@gmail.com"
  • Your query is valuable for us, you can post your query any time.
    We are ON in week days. You will get instant support in our working hours.
    We are little slow in non-working hours, but you will get response in maximum 24 hours.
    Our working timing is
    [10:00 AM (IST) - 7:00 PM (IST)]
    [6:30 AM (CET)- 3:30 PM (CET)]
    [12:30 AM (EST) - 9:30 AM (EST)]

Login Rules
    1. Premium users can login directly using aMember credentials, Created at the time of purchase.
    2. Free users can re-register to access forum using this link : Register Here.

Logo shown only when logged in

Hi,
moving my website to a new server, the following happened. When I open the site on the new server, the logo on any of the pages is not displayed like the image was misssing. When I log in, I can see the logo withou any problem. I can't see a reason for this. The rest of the on the web are fine. Is there some kind of setting I may have missed? Thanks

Hi, I have no clue how this happened. It seems to work now but yesterday evening it didn't. I tried several computers, mobiles and browsers.thanks anyway.

OK, it seems that it's still not OK. When I read your post, I opened it in mobile Chrome and it was OK but when I got to my PC, I opened the site in Firefox, Chrome and Edge and the logo was missing in Chrome and Edge where I was not logged in. It was in Firefox. When I logged out from Firefox, it was still there, so I cleared the cache and it disappeared. I did the same on my mobile Chrome and it disappeared as well. I don't understand how it is that you see it. When I log back in, the logo appears again.
Thank you

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Could you please check your sie in another PC, Sometimes extension used in browser creates issue.
Do let me know how it goes.

Kind Regards

It's the same on every PC. I tried 4 PCs, 2 phones and several browsers. The issue is everywhere. I tried reuploading a new logo image and it didn't help. I guess something may have happened when migrating the database. Do you think I could delete some entries in the database that hold the logo details and upload a new logo, so that it is recreated? I was migrating from single site to multisite Wordpress and I have already had some issues with entries in the database not having blog_id set. Do you think it could be this problem? Where are the logo data in the database?
Thank you very much!

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Yes you can try uploading your logo again by removing previous entries.
Also if still you get issues then please contact your hosting service provider and ask them about this issue.

Kind Regards

Yes but which are the previous entries? Can you give me a hint where in the database to look? I found the post entry for the uploaded logo image and the postmeta entry containing its location and size but these are not the entries the tell the template which image is the logo. Where are these? And can I delete them (will they be recreated when selecting new logo?).
Thank you.

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Instead of searching it in database please check your old logo image in "Media" (WordPress Dashboard) and delete it.
And then again upload a fresh copy of image in your media and put that link in logo.

This might help you.

Kind Regards

I did this yesterday already but it didn't help. I'm trying to think why the logo is there when I'm logged in or when it is stored in browser cache. It must be a question of some rights to display the image, don't you think? I also don't know why you see it when I don't on several different computers and browsers. As the site was migrated from a different address (from antifona.cz to test.antifona.cz), I think that there may be some outdated link to the old site or something like that.
Thank you.

Hello, I would like to add some new info to this topic as I didn't manage to solve the issue. Now the site is migrated to the new server, so there is now the final version on www.antifona.cz. I thought changing the address may help. It didn't. I tried deleting the old logo and uploading a new one. Still no success. I also created a completely fresh logo image file in png and gif formats and tried those. Still nothing. Then I tried to select a different image as a logo (some jpg from the gallery). And voila, it was there. So I tried the png again and it disappeared. I have no clue why this happens. The logo is on transparent background, that's why I am using png or gif.
The logo is shown when I'm logged in but when I open it in a different browser where I'm not logged in, only a placeholder appears. I tried several browsers on several computers and phones and it is the same everywhere.

Can you think of any problem that could be caused by image format? I would like to add that it used to work perfectly ok on the old server. This is a problem of the new server after the site was migrated.

Thank you very much.

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

I have checked your site and i didn't get logo image link when i inspected code.
Please make sure logo is uploaded or not, So that i can check it.

Kind Regards

The logo was switched off now, not to show at all. I'm switching it on. Now I can see it when I'm logged in but not in browsers where I'm not.
The logo does not have the recommended proportions but I guess this should not be the problem. It worked fine on the old server. I should also point out again that the new site was migrated from single site wordpress to multisite install, so there could be something wrong with the database entries. I had to correct some stuff around plugins that were missing site id, so I guess something similar may be going on here, but I have no clue what.

EDIT: I checked the page code, the link to the logo image is there. I checked the server via FTP and the logo image is located at the specified address. No problem here. What I can think of is that when I am logged in, I can access the logo image directly by entering the address. When I am not logged in, I can't due to security measures that prevent visitors to browse folders on the server. Could it be it?

EDIT2: Now I can see that I am having the same problem on the other site on the server. I didn't see it as it is a member-only site, so whenever I log in, I can see the logo but now I noticed that the logo on the log-in page is missing too. This is the same logo (png file) but uploaded separately in a different folder (different site of the multisite install).

Last edited:

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

We have checked your logo link and it is redirecting us, Seems that any plugin or code is creating issue with site.
So please deactivate all plugins to see if this resolves the problem? If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
I hope it will work.

Kind Regards

Sure, the redirecting is a security measure to avoid accessing files directly that would pose a severe security threat to private files stored on the server. I tried deactivating some security stuff but it didn't help. I'll try other plugins and let you know. Thanks

I tried what you suggested. Even disabling all plugins did not help. The logo is still not there. Strange that jpg images work fine and png/gif don't.

karrtik

Pro Member
Staff member
Hello there,

Are you using any security plugin or something which is creating this issue.
If not then please contact your hosting service provider, Seems that .png and .gif were blocked from hosting side.

Kind Regards